While many of us dream about installing a reverse cycle air conditioner to get through those hot summer days and nights, did you know an air conditioner in winter can keep you toasty warm all winter long?
A reverse cycle air conditioner will save you money too; air cons use far less power than energy-guzzling portable heaters – a whopping *72% less! And they are so much more effective.
Lots of energy savvy homeowners are installing reverse cycle air conditioning to keep their homes warm and to save money on their power bills.
How does using an air conditioner in winter help with power bills?
A reverse cycle air conditioning system cools your home by drawing warm air out and passing it over a refrigerant and cooling the air before pumping it back into your home. Reverse cycle air conditioners reverse this process – the refrigerant draws heat from outside to warm your home.
The advantages of using an air conditioner in winter
The benefits are obvious: the reverse cycle air conditioner offers an energy-efficient solution to all your heating and cooling needs. This heating option is also much safer than more traditional heaters.
Tips for efficiency
You can improve the efficiency of your reverse cycle air conditioning system by following a few simple steps.
- Close doors and windows to prevent heat loss.
- Close the doors to any rooms that don’t need to be heated; this will stop unnecessary dissipation of the heat.
- Close curtains or blinds – this will keep the heat in and the cold out.
- Don’t run the air conditioner when you are not home – it will heat your space very quickly once it has been turned back on.
- Try turning it off overnight when you are tucked up in a warm bed.
- Have your air conditioning unit serviced regularly to keep it running well.
If you would like a reliable, efficient heating system this winter why not consider installing a reverse cycle air conditioner? Ikon Electrical have a team of Sunshine Coast electricians happy to chat with you about your options and answer any questions you may have. We can definitely recommend a solution that suits both your heating (and cooling) needs. Contact us today
* Research by Sustainability Victoria (an initiative of Victoria State Government) reveals that a reverse cycle wall split system air conditioner is the most energy-efficient choice you can make, coming in at 72% cheaper to run than a portable plug-in heater.